Stuart was asked to provide Customer Service Training by a major Call Centre client who, although already generally receiving fantastic Customer Service feedback, wished to take the service they provided to the next level and deliver a truly Five Star Customer Experience.
He completed a full Training Needs Analysis of what was already being provided – this included listening to recorded calls, side by side monitoring, discussions with Customer Service Advisors, Team Leaders, Ops Managers and members of the Quality Assurance teams.
A 2-day Five Star Customer Service workshop was developed and a number of test and learn sessions were trialled in one of their centres so that the module could be closely reviewed, evaluated and fine-tuned.
The workshop; “The Five Star Experience”, was successfully rolled out across the remaining contact centre teams in York, Sheffield and Norwich and due to the positive results across all sites, other business areas also requested similar programmes for their specific requirements.
Facts & Figures
Results from the pilot delivered to 8 monitored teams;
- Customer Advocacy – 9% increase
- Internal quality – 33% increase
- Use of positive words – 12% increase
- Use of negative words – 65% decrease
- Staff morale – 40% increase
- Average handling time – 35-second decrease
- Customer Satisfaction increased by 6%, from 72% to 78%
- Around 550 Contact staff attended 37 Five Star workshops
- Due to the programme’s recognised success, a variety of guests attended including; Contact Quality Monitors, Coaches, Managers, Trainers, Departmental Heads, Business Owners and Directors
- Business areas attended including Life and Pensions, Personal Finance, Equity, Sales Teams, Protection and Underwriting
- The “Five Star Experience”, was tailored 6 times to adapt to the differing business needs whilst maintaining its original messages and integrity
Feedback sheets were completed by each workshop participant so the facilitators could gauge which sections were working well and which needed adapting. Feedback was extremely positive regarding both the content and the training delivery:
¨ “Fully beneficial and inspiring”
¨ “It was really interesting and enjoyable, the way the information was delivered was easy to remember”
¨ “Great way to focus on our customers”
¨ “Enjoyed the two days, will improve our calls without a doubt”
¨ “The best training I’ve ever had …”