Stuart is a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association, a Fellow of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Managers, a Member of the Global Speaking Foundation, a Member of the Institute of Customer Service and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (… not forgetting a Member of the David Bowie Fan Club)
Why you should espcially care about me being a member of the PSA
I am a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association of UK & Ireland (PSA for short). Fellowship is awarded only to individuals who earn significant income from speaking and who are deemed by other Fellows to be worthy of this status.
The PSA membership process helps provide meeting planners and event organisers with the reassurance that by booking a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association they are getting an individual who is one of the most able in the profession. Fellows represent less than 10% of the PSA membership.
All members of the PSA agree to the following ethical guidelines. All Fellows, Members, Honorary Members, Honorary Fellows, Retired Members and Associates must agree to abide by these guidelines in order to be accepted by the Association.
All grades of PSA member:
- Accurately represent qualifications and experience in both oral and written communications.
- Act, operate their business, and speak on a high professional level so as not to offend nor discredit the speaking profession.
- Exert due diligence to understand the client’s organisation, approaches and goals in advance of the presentation.
- Avoid using materials, titles and themes originated by others, either orally or in writing, unless approved by the originator.
- Treat other speakers with professional courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Maintain and respect the business or personal affairs of clients, agents and other speakers.
- Protect the public against fraud or unfair practices and attempt to eliminate from the speaking profession any and all discreditable practices.
- Not be a party to any agreement that unfairly limits or restrains access to the marketplace.